Dental Implants Are the Gold Standard in Replacing Missing Teeth
Implants are an artificial tooth root, made of titanium metal. It’s kinda like a small metallic screw. The dentist will place it into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth, bridge, or denture. It is a permanent fixture in your mouth that has excellent long-term success. It also provides more advanced options for replacing a missing tooth than conventional removable partial denture or fixed bridge. A clinical exam by our dentist along with a 3D x-ray imaging taken in-house will determine whether you are eligible for implant placement.
At Loft 19 Dental, our dentists are highly trained and experienced perform implant surgery and use only the best material and equipment to provide you with the best surgical experience.
How Does It Work?
A small area of the gums are surgically pushed aside and a small metallic screw (the implant) is placed into the bone. A cap is then placed to cover the implant. This surgery is performed in the area where either the tooth was missing or the hopeless tooth was taken out and the implant is placed immediately.
At this point we may place a temporary tooth over the implant so that you’ll have a tooth there for the time being or we may wait for the area to heal and deliver the permanent implant tooth in about 4-6 months after the surgery.
What Happens If Missing Teeth Are Not Replaced?
- Drifting and shifting of the neighbouring teeth causing an unbalanced bite
- Increased biting stress of other teeth
- Bone loss in the area of the missing tooth/teeth, wearing away the jaw bone.
- The gap between teeth widens, thereby compromising the aesthetic effect
- Losing your natural smile
What Are the Advantages of Implants over Other Dental Procedures?
- Replaces one or more teeth without affecting neighbouring teeth
- A long-lasting solution
- Helps to prevent bone loss/bone recession
- Eliminates risk of dental decay
- Improved speech, overall self-image and increases your ability to eat an array of foods